 Trains / 29181
29180  |  29182
Subject:
Weber County Scout Jamborall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 17:01:44 GMT

To all,

ULUG participated in a weekend Scout Jamborall in Weber County.

The show was a great success but incredibly exhausting and short. 7 of us, as everyone knows who goes to train shows, spent 10 hours setting up and two hour taking down for a 6 hour show. :0.

However, during the 6 hours we were mobbed by scouts! The ages were 8-16, the perfect age group, and they loved every inch.

Most of the reason we considered participating was the available space. Usually at train shows, we are fighting for space, but at the Jamborall we were given 40’ x 50’ which was our largest lay-out by about two times. It was sweet to just have space.

As a LUG we have been concentrating on transitions and unique buildings for our city. We feel that this lay-out was our personal best and are excited about our upcoming show this weekend in Heber at the “Day out with Thomas” event.

Here is the main gallery:

Some of the highlights for the show were:
1- SNOT Roads

2- Our First Skyscraper

3- An event Build

4- Our LUG has specialized in the “I Spy..” game were we have lists of items to find in our lay-out posted on the rope barriers. For this show 12 of the 100 items were scouts in various places

Comments are welcome.

--Brian