 Trains / 29114
Re: Northern Pacific SW1200
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 05:09:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matt Hamann wrote:
A while ago Benn Coifman posted a
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=232525 NP GP9> and I thought
it would be cool to have another Northern Pacific loco running around the
COLTC layout. I also made it in the NP livery because I had lots of leftover
black bricks from my hopper cars (which I have yet to photograph). So, enough
talk, here's the brickshelf folder:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=250394
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mattH/SW1200/000.jpg>>

Please let me know what you think,
Matt

Pretty slick! Very good detail all around and clever tricks abound. I like the
spark arresters on the stacks. The rear of the cab looks well detailed, do you
have a photo of the rear when it is all together too? The only suggestion I have
is that you might want to flatten out the top of the handrails on the front
sides.

Benn

PS, I'll try to dig up a photo I have of an NP sw1200 for you.