 Trains / 28370
Re: Classic Space Rocket Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:50:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Findley wrote:
   Way cool. I especially like the 80’s LEGO catalog like rendering of the pictures.

As for the model, I like the color and styling, but I’d lose the stubby wing tips. They just don’t sit well with me since I don’t think trains ought to have wings. But that’s my personal opinion. Your description of the train being able to take off from the surface gives justification to the design.

Overall, very cool!

Glad you like the train!

Yeah, I’m still a bit iffy on the little wings, especially those on the passenger car. For the engine--the wings are there largely to have the rockets clear the trailing rail cars. Of course, I could make the train a pusher, and have huge rockets affixed to the back end. Or, it could have both... Hmmm...

-best,

Wolf