 Trains / 28306
    Re: Question for you knowledgeable Train-heads —Kevin Wilson
   (...) I'd heard that "Ring a Ring of Roses" referred to the markings produced by bubonic plague :-) (...) The original books were based firmly on various railways in the UK (my daughter was ecstatic when we visited the Talyllyn Railway in 1991 and (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Question for you knowledgeable Train-heads —Tim David
   (...) Exactly. Who now knows that Annie and Clarabel are bogie coaches? Tim (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Question for you knowledgeable Train-heads —John Neal
   (...) This reminds me of the modeling dilemma I faced when I first started building Thomas characters in LEGO-- do I model the prototype upon which the character was based, or do I try and faithfully model the character itself? I ended up deciding (...) (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)