 Trains / 28122
    Newbie question about old lego trains —Rob vanBrandenburg
   Hello, I've dug up my old Lego trains and am planning on putting it back together for my kids to play with. When I went on the Lego site I noticed that they have completely changed the rails and trains. My set is still the one with the blue rails (...) (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Newbie question about old lego trains —Tim David
     (...) Ebay might be a good bet or you could try Bricklink (URL) or (URL) They are heavy so postage will probably cost as much as they do, make sure you get the right version for your country. Tim (18 years ago, 18-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Newbie question about old lego trains —Jonathan Wilson
     (...) Another option is to buy a voltage converting transformer to convert from whatever voltage your power is to whatever voltage the transformer wants. They will probably also convert the plug shape too. (18 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Newbie question about old lego trains —John Neal
   (...) Welcome back into trains. I would second Tim's suggestion of checking out (URL) Bricklink>. Personally, I would forget about Ebay. Also, if I were you, I would consider converting to the new RC battery system-- it might be cheaper for you (...) (18 years ago, 18-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Newbie question about old lego trains —Rob vanBrandenburg
   (...) Thanks for all the replies ! I found item x1688c01 (motor) and item 2868b (speed control), so would this be all I need ? Thanks for all your help. Rob. (18 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Newbie question about old lego trains —Christopher Masi
   (...) Unfortunately not. If you have this system (blue or gray plastic rails with a center brick with two conducting rails) (URL) the transformer, which is 9v instead of 12v, that you are talking about will not work without some modifications, and (...) (18 years ago, 20-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)