 Trains / 27999
    Re: A few train MOCs —Tim David
   (...) If the situation in NA is anything like in the UK, black tankers carry heavy oils and bitumen etc. while lighter oils (petrol/gas) and other products are carried in coloured tankers. Its for a simple practical reason, spillages of heavy oils (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: A few train MOCs —Jordan Schwarz
   (...) Here in North Carolina (USA), tank cars don't seem to come in very exciting colors - those belonging to Cargill are all black (Cargill ships grain products like vegetable oil and corn syrup in their tank cars). The other frequent operator, (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: A few train MOCs —John P. Henderson
   (...) The news that inspired my building was of tank cars in Deerfield, MA (USA). Reportedly that train was carrying vegetable oils and grains. I know that same rail line carries a lot of coal. But I think most fuel oils in my region are brought in (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains)