 Trains / 27814
    Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods —Sebastian Dyson
   Ok I think I have something. Each cylinder is free to slide longitudinally on the frame. This movement is constrained by a vertical pin (or 1x1 round brick) on each side of the pilot truck. These pins engage a transverse groove (currently a pair of (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods —Tim David
   (...) That even more complicated than I what I did (URL) but it might just work. You will have to make the piston rods long enough to not drop out of the cylinders when thay are int he extended foward position. Tim BTW obviously I had a lot more (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods —Ross Crawford
   (...) Which will introduce another problem - the piston rods will hit the wheels when they extend out the front of the cylinder. I had that exact same problem on the X class, but managed to work it so they just miss. It's very close though. ROSCO (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)