 Trains / 27807
  Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods

(...) Hello Sebastian, The best I've manage to work out on this is with my 4-8-4 Northern engine as shown at: (URL) In this case, I put the leading wheels forward of the steam cylinders. The cylinders stay attached to the same bogie/truck that drive (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods

(...) That's quite neat - it hadn't occurred to me to shorten the front truck like that to make room behind. But then I was trying to fit a motor in the front when I did mine. Jason R (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)