 Trains / 27775
  BBB wheels "x-4-x" steam configuration BKM

HI All, Since that last post generated some traffic perhaps this will too! :) I am building a “4-8-4” (no prototype in mind) steam engine. I decided to fix the "8" wheels to the boiler/chassis and have the front and rear trucks extended on a pivot (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB wheels "x-4-x" steam configuration BKM

(...) I think the answer, if you can, is to seperate the tender connection from the rear truck. Obviously the connection need to be pivotted at some point above or foward of the truck so it becomes a question of minimising the height the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.trains)