 Trains / 27742
27741  |  27743
Subject:
Modified IR Passenger 7897 thanks to Thomas Burger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:35:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Special thanks go to Thomas Burger for putting together DAT files for the new IR
train elements!!

Here is an attempt to stretch the 7897 set:

He advised me that the lack of IR train motor power should be bolstered by use
of a motor at each end of the train.  Otherwise, I suppose a conversion to 9v
metal-system is in order.  With the blue stripe, this set looks a little-- very
loosely!-- like the Spanish AVE versions of either the French TGV or the German
DB ICE.  Well, using the new big train nose limits appropriateness....

http://www.seat61.com/images/Spain-AVE.jpg

http://transweb.sjsu.edu/publications/High-SpeedRail-2.gif

http://www.railfaneurope.net/ice/ice3.html#AVE

Mostly, thanks to Thomas for enabling me to enjoy playing with the new IR parts.

later,

James Mathis

later,
James