 Trains / 27453 (-20)
  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) My son Ross already built a loco using the factory (using 2 motors). It was huge. I told him to shorten it by 8 studs, and he did, and then we submitted it to see how much it would cost. <drum roll, please!> One hundred and ninety two bucks!!! (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) FYI, the train wheels and any Factory model including train wheels is currently showing up as "Not Available". See my post on 'Trains' parts from LEGO Factory: (URL) About the contest - excellent idea. This is a great point: It will give us an (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

Save 9v Trains would like to announce its first (and hopefully not only) contest. The contest has been set up to support 9v Trains by using LEGO Factory to build a quality database of models that can be purchased by long time AFOLs and Newbies. Our (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

In lugnet.town, James Garrett wrote: <snip> (...) Like it, I think I nearly wet myself. That is a work of art. Love the use of tan/ dark orange combo. Aaron A (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

Wow Jim, that's truly amazing! Not only a great model, but the picture really helps sell the reality of it. Very well done. AB (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  6 wide DB(German) Class 212

David Parkin of the SLTC has asked me to share this as he does not yet have an account here on Lugnet. Sorry about the picture size but i felt it necessary to post it also. (URL) "This is Davids version of a 6 wide DB(German) Class 212. (URL) The (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

Greetings fellow builders: I have just completed a 7.5 foot high skyscraper MOC: A Lego model of the David Stott Building, a 37 story art deco office tower erected in Detroit during 1929: (URL) I am planning on bringing this building to the NMRA (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: North Metro Genesis II

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: (snip) (...) Thank you Tim, but it's not my idea. I also took the idea from someone else: (URL) Pierre (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: North Metro Genesis II

(...) One day I'll get the hang of this "writing everything I want" and "cross posting" business... Thanks to Pierre Normandin for the idea for the handles beside the doors and to anyone I've subconsciously ripped off. Plus, x-posted to announce.moc (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  North Metro Genesis II

I've finally gone American! I'd say this is my first try at real US stock anyway (I guess the NY Subway might count). A quick try at a six-wide version of a Genesis engine pulling a North Metro commuter train. The underdetails on the car might be (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BLTG Train Show Next Weekend

(...) Hello Gary , Any Photos !! Thanks Teunis , M>ltc (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brilliant station by dagealka

(...) Its a work of genius IMHO. although I don't think it contains any SNOT techniques that haven't seen before, it seem to have them all in there. What makes it great tho, is the way they are melded together to create a building thats full of (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Brilliant station by dagealka

(...) My goodness. This might either inspire people or make them give up the hobby. I won't make any SNOT/kleenex jokes, but will say, there is a ton of SNOT! Love the tan crates and the yellow pallet jacks among many other wonderful details. Along (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Brilliant station by dagealka

Hi all, This model appeared in BS recently and I think it's brilliant. User signed off as Daniel on the 100steine post so thanks Daniel for this excellent work. (2 URLs) BS Gallery> (URL) on 1000steine land> I'll leave it to you to find all the (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  LDD Train parts are 9V...

Using my contacts within the LEGO Factory team I have been able to determine that all train parts (Motor and Track) are from the 9V system not the new IR system. I am currently working to determine why there is such a large price differance between (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  NMRA Nat'l Train Show July 7-9th, Philly, PA - USA

Hi All, Well we are nearly ready for the NMRA National Train Show on July 7-9th in Philadelphia, PA. There are 10 clubs participating this year; COLTC, SHSL, IndyLUG, WamaLTC, MichLTC, GardensLUG, DelvaLUG, PennLUG, MichianaLTC, and TCLTC. We would (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save 9V Boxcar

(...) Mike, you are not stepping on any toes. Actually there will be a lot of use for this and other designs. Within the next few days Save 9v Trains will be announcing a way for everyone to help the cause. I don't want to say much more but your (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) They won't ship silly, they'll train!!!!! ROSCO (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) If they ship at all... :( (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Save 9V Boxcar

(URL) is a simple boxcar for $19.02USD I made for the cause of saving 9V trains. I realize this could unintentionally step on the toes of (URL) this.> So if you can use those containers I would urge everyone to buy them instead. Simply because the (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact