 Trains / 27305
Re: Turkish E52000 engine with TVS2000 cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:43:44 GMT

--SNIP--

   Nice work (as usual) Tim. Whenever I get around to working in Ldraw, I’m coming to you for settings, for they are KILLER:-)

One question on livery colors. It appears to me that regular LEGO green and dark blue are closer to the proto colors. Anyone else think this?

JOHN

Yes, I think so. But I stopped suggesting regular green to Tim, instead of sand green, long ago. He just loves sand green to much..:-)

Cheers,

Selçuk

It’s true... I do love sand green ;) If I thought I could get away with it I’d do the blue in sand blue too. But... you are probably right. Depending on plate and tile availability in dark blue I’ll do up a version with green and dark blue and add it to the BS gallery.

Tim

   I’ve just looked at the pic again in more detail, and decided that sand green is a more suitable choice, regular green would be too bright (maybe a plus for some people since it will be more legoish).

I also remembered something. One of my friends, who builts aircraft models, told me once that you cannot use exact same colors when painting a scaled down model, since scaling down in dimensions creates an optical effect in which the same colors percepted as darker than original. So it is a common practice to lighten up the tones in general for the scale models.

I also agree that dark blue will be a better fit with sand green..In short:

sand green+dark blue : more realistic, green+blue : more legoish

At the end whichever you want, of course..:-)

Cheers,

Selçuk

PS: staging area is down, or you ppl just staged something hindering my access to it?..:-)

Well...

That’s Dark blue and green. Will add a dark blue and sand green later so have a look in the gallery for it.

Tim