 Trains / 27178 (-20)
  Re: Final Fantasy VII Locomotive

(...) That's some (URL) hot space station justice> right there. You've got me waxing nostalgic for FF7. A few criticisms: Firstly, even though it can't be done in such a silver, there are ways to ameliorate the monolithic amount of black. I suggest (...) (19 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Final Fantasy VII Locomotive

(...) Excellent rendition and great choice of source material. Are you going to make the cars to go with it? They look fun to do and there's some prime snot opportunity in them. Strangely enough although I've more than two hundred hours of my life (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Final Fantasy VII Locomotive

I'm usually a lurker - and a space building lurker at that - but even us lurkers have to put up a MoC once in a while to prove we're alive. So here it is, a locomotive from the RPG Final Fantasy VII, I think anything else is explained in the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: 9V Discontinued? - Rechargeable Batteries

(...) (SNIP) (...) It seems there are a few types of rechargeable batteries to consider: NiCds are made obsolete by the European RoHS directive (banning Cadmium), and they also suffer from memory effect. NiMH are becoming more common in standard (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) There *was* buzz about LEGO Factory on Legofan, but it died out there too when no responses came from LEGO. The LEGO Factory forum is here: (URL) Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) Gallery: (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: One good message (kind of) from LEGO at last... (April Fool's Day)

(...) Yes Mark, on April the first I wanted to post about an IR-reciever in form of a "4x4 block, 2 plates high plus the 2x2 bulb on top". That is correct. And of course it was April Fool's Day (so maybe LUGNET was not working properly). ;-) Ben (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: One good message (kind of) from LEGO at last... (April Fool's Day)

(...) So you're saying this is a 4x4 block, 2 plates high plus the 2x2 bulb on top? Just want to be sure of the correct information :-) Mark (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: One good message (kind of) from LEGO at last... (April Fool's Day)

(...) Hi Rosco, Todd must have implemented a tool which deletes all "0." in messages coming from me on April Fools Day. Of course I meant to have typed "0.66". But nevertheless: you got me. And I admit this wasn't my best April Fools Joke. It is (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) You are correct, Brad was a train fan. (...) Same here. They seem to have missed several of their dates and, without the Jake conduit of information, as far as I know we don't have any updated information. Steve, who really misses Jake (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) I tend to agree. I get a lot of the "I didn't know Lego made trains" at train shows and give them the standard spiel, "Yes, long time, mostly mail order, etc." We've done shows with a train set or two available for sale (MSRP) and IIRC have (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) Interesting that "plugging in" is veiwed as a negative. Most of the people I know (myself included) would never buy a battery powered anything if a plug in version was available. That is the reason I never bought a Mindstorms kit. When I had (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

--snip--- I'm sure this has been posted somewhere but I've been out of the LEGO loop for about a year now. What is this RC Track and IR Train that I keep reading about? And images, links, thanks? -AHui (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) SNIP (...) I'd be a lot less worried if I knew Jake was still working for TLG. It may be my imagination but it seems like every SAH-exclusive/LEGO-Direct 9V train-related product that was produced in the last 5-6 years has had Jake's (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One good message (kind of) from LEGO at last...

(...) Well I don't think 4x4x66 will be very useful, especially on April 1st ;) ROSCO (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  One good message (kind of) from LEGO at last...

Hi Train Fans! Some may have heard about the AFOL group which co-worked with LEGO on Mindstorms-NXT (at least as a kind of feedback group). Then there is the group of Ambassadors and who will wonder: there is a group of train fans organised to give (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how long do 9-volt parts last?

(...) Well I dont use my train parts for very much so I am more concerned about whether they are going to go bad on me over time vs what might happen if I was running them all the time :) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) I suspect, despite AFOLs protests to the contrary, the true measurable sales impact of AFOLs, train shows and the like, is very small in comparison to mainstream marketing, sales and distribution. Everything else was the dedication and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) Jonathan- One sad fact is that some parents don't buy LEGO trains (and LEGO in general) because they don't want to assemble it and know/believe their child doesn't have the skill or patience to put it together. (It surprises me how many kids (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how long do 9-volt parts last?

(...) Jonathan- Several parts of the LEGO 9 volt train system have wear issues when used for model railroading (as opposed to occasional under-the-Christmas tree kid usage). First, the motors units fail in proportion to loading, track grade, and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) The "lack of interest" is comming mainly from the big box stores like Toys-R-Us, Wal-Mart, Target etc. The problems for those stores are: 1.Compared to other toy trains (such as blue track thomas the tank engine or any of the various wooden (...) (19 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact