 Trains / 27164
27163  |  27165
Subject:
One good message (kind of) from LEGO at last...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:02:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Train Fans!

Some may have heard about the AFOL group which co-worked with LEGO on
Mindstorms-NXT (at least as a kind of feedback group). Then there is the group
of Ambassadors and who will wonder: there is a group of train fans organised to
give feedback about LEGO trains.

And you may guess why no new MOCs of mine have been spotted over the past 3
month - I am part of this secret train group (and we are in general under NDA).

But now we got forwarded a piece of information which we are allowed to share
with the community (similar to the Ambassadors as it seems).

The new IR-train system will get a very cool add-on, which may make it much more
desirable for adult fans: LEGO will bring out an IR-reciever as stand-alone
solution (4x4x66 brick with 2x2 glass bulb on top). With this reciever, a
battery box, the remote control system and any electric device (train motor,
lights, technic motor etc), we can build any remote controlled model we like.
Smaller train engines will become possible at last!

And best about this new IR-reciever is the fact that it will come with 3 new
frequencies. So we will have up to 6 independently controlled engines or
sidetrack structures in total.

I still dislike the very reasonable end of the 9V system, but with a IR-control
system which is not included in a 30x6 train base, we will win lots of extra
creativity chances.

Leg Godt!

Ben