 Trains / 2717
Re: What´s so special about trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:14:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tobias Möller writes:
Why does so many people love trains?
I grew up next to the train tracks, so I've seen thousands and thousands of
trains, and I've always been fascinated by them.

Is it because you can build scale-models of real trains?
Oh yea, that's the best!  Show us a picture of a train, and we'll try to build
it!  Lego gives you complete flexibility, and also a challenge.

Because they move?
Movement is good, but trains can also be impressive as static displays.

Because you like model railroads?
More that I like Lego!

Because it´s lego?
Uhm, see the previous question...  <grin>

Because it gives your town a nice addition?
For the GMLTC, it gives us a *reason* to have a town, or to have an entire
layout.  We set up our layout at train shows, and we're a huge hit - people
love us.  Kids go crazy, because they can identify with Lego - although
they've probably never seen that much Lego in one place before!

Mostly, "We like to build"...  :-)

John1, GMLTC