 Trains / 27145
Re: Trevor the steam traction engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:59:52 GMT

   James, that’s a nice toy you have there.

Yes, I agree, my MOC is too small. Ideally I’d like to use a 3 stud diameter boiler, but that’s not going to happen soon. And I’ll have to use larger wheels as well. The model is ~12 studs long, so in 6 wide scale it’s a bit more like 15’ long. How large is a real Foster & Rastrick Traction engine?

http://www.steamscenes.org.uk/picture.asp?engineID=2155

Is photos of the “real” Trevor. I think she is either a 6 or 7 NHP engine, which makes her moderate in size...not too big or too small. (I think also that it is just Foster, not & Rastrick...). I know all about the problems of Lego scale :)...you might have problems fitting a 56” waisted person on a real TE as well!

James P