 Trains / 26858 (-10)
  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) The profile of the coaches used in the film (BR Mk1) is actually pretty much a constant large radius curve down the whole side. Newer designs of British coaches have a different profile with a far sharper curve at the bottom. (URL) This (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  SALUG at Supertrain 2006

Greetings, SALUG (Southern Alberta Lego User's Group) attended Supertrain, the groups forth time at this train show in Calgary, Alberta. Attendance for the two days was about 14,000. Pictures (and video) can be seen at: (URL) of the show include: (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.salug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.disney)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) lol Thanks; you know what I've been going through;-) But I have to say that, from the looks of your beaut, it is definitely worth it! Actually, I am in the middle of recoloring my Milwaukee Road Hiawatha train in dark red, and Ross is working (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Replacement Wire

(...) Ted, Thanks for the suggestion. The train track is going around the ceiling in my son's room, so I think I want to have a single regulator on the track. Plus, I think I have a pretty good idea what several trains one one loop will look like (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Good luck with that... (URL) don't forget there are other colours out there: (URL) I love this shot that Huw took: (URL) went for an actual 'Castle' class. That's what 'Hogwart's Castle' is supposed to be, but they couldn't get a Castle for (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) I only worked from two pics of the Hornby set and one picture of the real loco in its standard livery. I'm really, really bad at finding prototype pictures so your advice is very valuable. (...) Very nice design. I look forward to seeing it (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Nice effort, Tim and James. This is especially interesting to me (and Ross) because we (in the sense that I acquire the needed bricks and he assembles them;-) have studied the Hogwarts Express at length, from finding pics and schematics online (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Hey look - on that same page is Larry's (URL) Center Flat Car with Transformer>, in the same colors even. Cool! -Matt :) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Tim and James- It's just gorgeous! I want one under my Christmas tree (and on top of our next SCLTC layout)! -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) There is nothing new under the sun. I just discovered the following, without looking for it. So it seems to be destiny that I should share it: (URL) Pony-ear-SNOTted macaroni boiler from 1966> That page also shows some micro-scale trains, one (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact