 Trains / 26615
Re: AFX Lego Racing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:29:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Earley wrote:
Were the race cars lego bodies on scalectrics chassis?

These AFX motors are HO scale.
http://www.scaleauto.com/tomy/

HO Scale slot cars are 1/64 scale electrically-powered cars.  Speeds can reach
up to 30 mph, which is over 1000 mph scale speed.

With the lego body and running the stock 16volts the speed is significantly less
but still spectacular

The modification only requires a 1x3 brick to be cut in half and the front
spoiler has the ends rounded. But most of the body is glued together.  Crashes
are frequent and it would represent a lot of time to keep re-building them.

The mini-figure torso is clipped using the studs so I often have to go searching
to find where the driver ended up. They get seriously air bourne some times, I
would need a high speed camera to catch the action.

You also have to be quick with my layout. A crashed car on the train tracks can
and does cause some major de-railments.