 Trains / 26502
Re: The New Crane Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:53:06 GMT

Yes, the new crane car is quite nice and I look forward to adding it to my
collection.

Another thing that has been looked over with the new sets is the part
selection.

While the IR based motor and battery bound baseplate are not ideal, the
parts in these sets look pretty nice and will enhance any collection.

Both the crane car and the freight engine give us green doors. The crane has
a green 6 wide windscreen. And the engine has the green 6 high train cab
parts. Very cool.

And it will be interesting to see just how the Factory implementation of
Trains will impact the parts palette.

-- Bryan

"Joseph A. O'Donnell" <JAODonnellPE@msn.com> wrote in message
The new crane car seems to have been overlooked in all the discussion of
the
possible demise of the 9v system. It (they...at least two) will be added
to my
collection as soon as it hits the street or S@H.

I started to build an ldraw model of it but got lost in the area between
the cab
and the turntable. Has anyone been able to look closely enough to
construct an
ldraw model? Willing to share?

A little off-topic: An ldraw model of the new box cab engine worked well
until I
found out the the frame is 30-long instead of 32-long. The extra space
went into
the sloped cowels (two 2x4 slopes instead of the 3x4 slope). I have not
had
decent luck in posting ldraw models...if someone wants a copy, let me know
and
I'll e-mail you one (with all its faults).

Joseph