 Trains / 26501
26500  |  26502
Subject:
The New Crane Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:42:12 GMT

The new crane car seems to have been overlooked in all the discussion of the
possible demise of the 9v system. It (they...at least two) will be added to my
collection as soon as it hits the street or S@H.

I started to build an ldraw model of it but got lost in the area between the cab
and the turntable. Has anyone been able to look closely enough to construct an
ldraw model? Willing to share?

A little off-topic: An ldraw model of the new box cab engine worked well until I
found out the the frame is 30-long instead of 32-long. The extra space went into
the sloped cowels (two 2x4 slopes instead of the 3x4 slope). I have not had
decent luck in posting ldraw models...if someone wants a copy, let me know and
I'll e-mail you one (with all its faults).

Joseph