 Trains / 26003 (-10)
  Re: Indian EMU

(...) I hear that! So tell us more about this one day challenge thing? (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Indian EMU

(...) Hi Lar, Thanks for the comments. It's a wide, wide-gauge train but I just couldn't bring myself to go to seven wide even though the model REALLY needs it. I might be able to squeeze one plate lower (need to check on a brickbuilt version) but (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Indian EMU

(...) Interesting. The prototype seems rather squat (much wider proportionally than your model), can you try to lower the height of this model at all to achieve that look? I like the front pilot/buffers area. (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Indian EMU

Dear all, Continuing my love of building trains from countries off the beaten track I present an Indian EMU. These run as commuter service in Mumbai and other Indian cities. (2 URLs) carriage> (URL) front detailing> (URL) folder when moderated> The (...) (19 years ago, 9-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Mount Washington Cog Railway

(...) My original actually had two gear racks running up the center of the track. I didn't have very many though, so I ended up taking out every other one so that I could make a longer run. I actually did test it with curves. Alternating the pieces (...) (19 years ago, 9-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mount Washington Cog Railway

(...) Interesting model. Strangely I keep finding that I'm thinking microscale each time I see the pic! I was wondering why you alternated the rack from side to side of the track? Did you find that this gave a more reliable grip? Also, have you (...) (19 years ago, 9-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ParLUGment layout at Railfair 2005 model railway show

H'lo again, all (...) One week to go, and various members are building furiously... :) A reminder, then, to the wider audience out there, and a hope we'll see some of you at the show. Regards, Norbert Black (19 years ago, 8-Oct-05, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains)

  Micro Steam Engine

(2 URLs) Micro Steam Engine> I've always thought that the (URL) Technic Competition Cannon 2 x 6 x 3> looked like the boiler from a steam engine. When I came across it again taking the Wookie Catamaran apart a few months ago I finally decided to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Mount Washington Cog Railway

Here's a model I've been working on this week of the Mount Washington Cog Railway in New Hampshire. (URL) For anyone unfamiliar with it, it's a small steam-powered railroad that takes passengers from the base of Mount Washington to the top. It was (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Who turned out the lights?

(...) [snip] (...) The calls from the lawyers... (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact