 Trains / 25980
  Motorized Maintenance Truck

A few months ago I had a Lego electric cable ((URL)) get cut. This left me with two half cables. Somehow I got the idea that if I stripped the insulation off, I could use one of the broken bits to power a technic motor off from a train track. I (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Maintenance Truck

Hello Elroy, In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote: ... (...) ... (...) A very good idea indeed. I like it very much. Thank you for sharing :) How is it doing with switchpoints?? and with bridges ramps? Do you observe corrosion of the surface of the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Maintenance Truck

(...) I tried running it through a couple of switchpoints last night. It had a little bit of trouble. I haven't noticed any problems with ramps or bridges though, other than some slipping of the tyres. I think using older tyres that are a little (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)