 Trains / 25976
  Re: Switch points stiffening...

Hello Dave, (...) As far as I know, this comes from the friction between plastic parts. Each friction removes a very little bit of plastic at each movement and leaves that white plastic dust on the moving parts. I reduced this problem by lowering (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch points stiffening...

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks! I'll give that a shot tonite! Dave K (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch points stiffening...

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: <snip> (...) I lubricated the switch just a bit and it appears to work very well. Thanks for the suggestion! Dave K (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)