 Trains / 25752
    Parts for building from MOC instructions —patrick flaherty
   Hi, My son (5) and myself and fairly new to the Lego world. We've built from bunch of Lego kits, including some relatively complicated e.g. the Santa Fe locomotive. And are looking to expand our horizons. I've discovered the following link: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions —Ross Crawford
     (...) Hi Pat, You could try the latest version of BrikTrak (URL) still officially beta, but generally works pretty well. It allows you to import an MPD file, and produce an XML file of the parts list suitable for uploading to your bricklink wanted (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions —patrick flaherty
      . . . (...) Sounds very interesting. I'll give it a try. Thanx Rosco. pat (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions —Tim David
     (...) Unfortunatly Ross' suggestion is probably the nearest you are going to get to what you would like. I have had the same problem with having to buy from multiple sellers. I think it is a problem that occurs more with train building than for (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions —Mathew Clayson
     (...) Pat, Have you tried LEGO factory? (URL) It has a limeted pallette of parts/colors, and the editor is a bit primative. But it's suppossed to be upgrading to an actua partl ordering sytem at the end of the month. With a train specific upgrade (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions —Rick Clark
   (...) Hmm. Nice as that MOC is, your best bet is probably to pick up the Metroliner set for $150 from SAH: (URL) you have the Metroliner, modifying it to the engine style you want should be a good exercise in creativity for you and your son. To try (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)