 Trains / 25517
Re: Have a great NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:00:02 GMT

Thanks James!  There are really no words that can describe this! It took me (as
others have concured) several hours the first day to even comprehend the
magnitude of this layout! When you look up and see far off in the distance a
cluster of buildings, your fist reaction is, "Who's layout is that over there?"
and then realize it is the far end of ours, and that those buildings are made
with LEGO!

My cell phone rang and it was Jake, he asked, "Where are you?" I replied, "At
the layout, where are you?" And he said, "At the layout, where are you?"...

Well, after re-reading the above I realize how short I am trying to relay this
experience. I wish you all could have been here. With the buzz on the show floor
(even with the hardcore model RR vendors, completely unrelated to LEGO) I think
we just stepped into the big leagues.

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
Just saw the first pictures of the NMRA set up day 1.

I really hope you all have a great time!...that it isn't so much work that you
miss out on the fun of the event.

I know your collective collaborative work will be impressive and the attendees,
vendors, and visitors will be amazed!

Wish I could be there.  I will look forward to more picture and descriptions of
the event.  Thanks for all your hard work.

later,
James Mathis