 Trains / 25504
Re: Have a great NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 03:14:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
Just saw the first pictures of the NMRA set up day 1.

I really hope you all have a great time!...that it isn't so much work that you
miss out on the fun of the event.

I know your collective collaborative work will be impressive and the attendees,
vendors, and visitors will be amazed!

Wish I could be there.  I will look forward to more picture and descriptions of
the event.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Yesterday's piccies were just a warmup!!! I know a lot of people are taking pics
so hang on to your hats, folks, todays pics are going to blow you away. For
great pics watch Geoff Gray's folders and watch Troy's folders, and for low
quality but as fast as dialup lets me upload, watch my folder.

Stand in the middle and it is LEGO trains as far as you can see in every
direction! You can see the skyscrapers from all the way across the exhibition
hall!

14 clubs and organizations under the ILTCO umbrella come together to make the
single largest layout at the show. Not the largest LEGO but largest ANY scale.
It IS the largest multiclub LEGO layout ever but it's also the largest layout at
this show, by a wide margin.

Hats off to Steve and Paul for their hard behind the scenes work to get this to
happen, hats off to the clubs and their coordinators and every member that
turned out.