 Trains / 25500
Re: A few new and old trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:35:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   The concept Octan/Shell power units

Saw this on brickshelf recently and like the stubby design. I’m tempted to redesign some of my models as stubbies for a bit of fun.

   and an updated 12v set no. 7725 use the recent hinged truck cab windscreen-- Thanks GrapeApe for the parts!

Thanks to GrapeApe from me for these too. They prove invaluable.

   I finally got around to some illustrated steps for the Union Pacific Executive Touring set. Here are instructions for the baggage car, end observation car, and locomotive. The build of the locomotive is a bit odd due to its recoloring from Santa Fe war bonnette-- I didn’t bother swapping plates for bricks in the recoloring. I am shamelessly preserving the dome car instructions to my Brick Built Trains booklet for a Streamliner Dome Car available at my CafePress shop. A small bit of recolored creativity will morph the gray domecar into the UP colors.

This is a beautiful train design. I’m unfamiliar with the original but love your rendition. I’m particularly impressed by this technique here. Is this STAAA (studs at an angle)... Once again you’ve designed a fantastic model which combines playability and realism. And in six-wide too, my favourite train width.

Just as a note, some of the pictures in your rendering seem to have stuffed up see eg. here

   And, here are some Lorelei wagons for the DB v200 locomotive. These feature 1st class cabin appointments and a dining car with kitchen. I was inspired to finish these Lorelei wagons upon seeing recent v200 builds such as this v200 from biti.

I really like the way you always make complete trains. I always seem to run out of inspiration/perspiration once I finish the engine. I’ve always had such a short concentration span.

   Thanks for checking these out.

It’s always a pleasure to check your work out. Thanks for posting it.

Yours,

Tim