 Trains / 25438 (-5)
  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) What exactly does "suburban" mean in this context?.. is it like the US "commuter" (meaning that the train is primarily put on to serve people coming and going to and from work, and typically is heavy rail rather than light rail or trolley, and (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote: What I don't quite get with the EMU designation is what's the difference (...) Here those terms are actually pretty much synonymous with each other. All our suburban trains are EMUs anyway. (...) (Sorry, I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) EMU - Electric Multiple Unit DMU - Diesel Multiple Unit These terms are not commonly used in the US I don't think(1). But the idea is that the train isn't "locomotive hauled" but rather more than one of the "cars" has a power truck, either (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nice Side Bar on .Train web page

(...) Thank Tim, he does all the work around .trains lately... (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Tim, your model is very nice. I live in Russia (and used to live in SU before). When I was a student, I travelled with these trains a lot. Since Russian is my native language I can help you to translate something to English with a pleasure (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact