 Trains / 25374
  San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

Just wanted to share some photos of my recent build: (URL) My Brickshelf Gallery: (URL) Firstly, all credit for the design goes to James Mathis who posted the LDraw build on his Brickshelf pages some time ago. Interestingly, James tells me that he (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

Martin, Very nice! I since changed the coloring on mine by adding a teal stripe giving it a more Coaster specific color scheme (I'll try to post some pics). My friend and SPLTC cohort Paul Thomas ((URL) built a set using Metrolink colors last year (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

(...) Wow! That's such a nice train and I really like the colours. Lovely work from both Martin and James. How far/fast does the real thing travel? It looks like a mid-speed longish distance train. Once again, fantastic work! Tim (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

In lugnet.trains, Martin Long wrote: SNIPPED That is one pretty train. I must commend you on such a fine rendition of James Mathis' work. BTW don't you just love the fact that smoke 1x2x2 panels can be found in any number desired these days, thanks (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

The Coaster is a commuter train that serves portions of San Diego (California) County. To read more about the Coaster, check out these to sites... (URL) Original Message ----- In lugnet.trains, Tim Gould wrote: Wow! That's such a nice train and I (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

(...) I have now uploaded an LDraw file and rendered image of the mods I made to strengthen the nose/coupler section: (URL) The 1x4 technic brick with 1/2 pins locate in the tubes of the 2x4 green slope above, which strengthens the structure without (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)