 Trains / 25178 (-10)
  Re: Help finding slope brick striping VIA model

(...) Sounds like mine. :) (URL) I built it early out of my dark ages and I plan to rebuild it as an 8 wide. The last pic shows some building detail but if you want better pics let me know as I now have a better camera and pulling it apart will (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Slightly more rational? (was: New Lego Track!)

(...) How about if lego provided just 3 things for us: 1. Bulk rail material that we can cut to length, as we need 1. A new 2x8 sleeper part to hold the new rail 2. A new half-sleeper to connect to existing 9V track parts This would obviously be a (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: 12V to 9V - why the switch

(...) Was there a Lego community in 1991? I can see a lot of advantages in the change: 1. Better pick-up of power through the wheels on the inner edge of the track. Sprung contacts like on 12V trains are prone to wear and spark damage. 2. One-piece (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  12V to 9V - why the switch

Can someone explain why LEGO made the switch from 12V to 9V ? There appears to be some discussion about the switch in these catalogs: 1991 Netherlands (URL) German (URL) Europe (URL) there any reaction in the LEGO community when this switch (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!

Gary, Don't get all disappointed. It was me who originally made the post about the subject of the message. I was catching up on emails, LUGNET posts, etc and saw the "New Lego Track!" subject. Of course it was not what I expected it to be. If my (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!

(...) I still think this is a valid observation, helping readers figure out what something is about is a good idea. (...) I am still interested in the answer to this question. (...) Unfortunately, I think you shouldn't expect that, for reasons that (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!

(...) No Gary not silly at all we have just echoed what the general public ask us at our train shows (how many was it 120,000 over 3 days) I would imagine that the Melbourne Train show get the same questions. not to mention the States as well. (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!

(...) Well I suppose I should not expect LEGO to make any moves towards providing tracks that would, I think, be a worthwhile investment. Silly of me to expect others on LUGNET to agree that new track geometry would be something worthwhile and (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Help finding slope brick striping VIA model

Hi, A few weeks ago, I've seen a picture on BS website of an engine with a VIA logo made of slopes bricks on its side...but i didn't bookmark it and i'm no more able to find it. (deleted gallery ?) Does anybody have info/pic/builder name about this (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train automation - ideas & implementations?

(...) (URL) Experience should guide us, not rule us. Chris Gray cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM (URL) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact