 Trains / 25167
Re: Train automation - ideas & implementations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 20:26:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Davis wrote:
   OK, I've got a simple system for dumping hopper cars, and some ideas on
making it "look better", but I'd love to see other ideas or designs for this.
I've got ideas for offloading and possibly loading standard-sized containers as
well. But looking through the Steve Barile's advanced trainbuilding PDF, near
the end I find a slide listing several other things I'd love to learn about:

   1) Lights, Fans (Mark Hafner's Battery Box)
   2) Shay (Ben's), Climax
   3) Snow Blower
   4) Mail car (magnetic delivery)
   5) Dumping hoppers
   6) Lionel animated cars

Any place I can find more information on these? LUGNET or others? I'm thinking
about ways of actually "doing" things with trains, like moving cargo etc., as
well as automated sidings, points, crossing guards,... cows (who would have
thought). Some of these (bovines) are well-covered on LUGNET, but others (like
"magnetic delivery", dumping hoppers, etc.) don't seem to be.

Check out Huw Millington's RCX automated hopper discharge plant from a few years
ago
http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwettbewerb/006/006.htm

Tim