 Trains / 25166
    Train automation - ideas & implementations? —Brian Davis
    OK, I've got a simple system for dumping hopper cars, and some ideas on making it "look better", but I'd love to see other ideas or designs for this. I've got ideas for offloading and possibly loading standard-sized containers as well. But looking (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train automation - ideas & implementations? —Tim David
   (...) Check out Huw Millington's RCX automated hopper discharge plant from a few years ago (URL) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train automation - ideas & implementations? —Chris Gray
     (...) (URL) Experience should guide us, not rule us. Chris Gray cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM (URL) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train automation - ideas & implementations? —Huw Millington
   (...) I also have a far more elegant design for a 4 wheeler; (URL) is unloaded simply by turning the wheel one way to open then the other to close. This can be done with a trackside mechanism upon which the wheel rubs. Studless Technic beams are (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains)