 Trains / 25053 (-10)
  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Of course for a 5 long unit car, having the trucks integral would make for a pretty unwieldy model... Frank (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Recycling Train

While it isn't based on any real life train, I imagine it could be...Here is (URL) Concept Zia Recycling System>. This is a recycling concept road and rail system. The recycling containers are modular, able to be attach to a road truck or into a (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) lol Hey Russ- I was actually thinking about you when I was building this stuff-- how will these sets affect your LEGO Thomas presentation? JOHN (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) SWEET! I have been thinking about doing something very similiar since I first saw the preview pictures. John, you might get me to go 8-wide after all. ;-) Russell BayLTC/BayLUG (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) They are five studs in diameter. The faces I used on my 6 wide Thomas characters were just shy of 4 wide. I think that these new faces would be virtually impossible to use on 6 wide trains and have the results look good (except, perhaps, for (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) I'm not saying it has to be 6-wide :-) For the AFOL market, Tim's suggestion of UCS trains might work. An engine as large as a Challenger or Big-Boy is already too big for the popular market, so why not do it properly to the scale of the (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Works for me. I actually thought about doing that when I saw them in the prerelease photos! But now that you have one in your hand, how does the size of the face compare to, say, a 4x4 radar dish? Rob (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) It might encourage more people to build to 8mm scale :-) Mark (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) Heh - I wish I had 40 hours a week to spend on Lego! Before I got married I scraped about 15 hours a week, but that was also before I spent time in online Lego communities! Still, at least my railway trackbed is progressing OK, despite me (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

Well, my prayers have been finally answered (sorta:-) I had gotten into the habit of firing off an email to Brad Justus every 6 months or so when he was still heading up LEGO Direct begging for TLG to get a license for producing Thomas the Tank (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact