 Trains / 24987
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 18:47:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

   One thing that seems to have been missed in this thread is that the new set is designed to go with the BNSF loco and so it is pretty appropriate and representative of this type of train. It would be nice if this kind of thinking continued, release a famous(ish) signature loco and then a while later some relevant stock. 9It doesn’t all have to be SF licenced tho!)

Ya, give us a Mallard, (or Flying Scotsman, I’m not picky) and some UK stock to go with it!

Flying Scotsman in whichever green is closest to Apple Green (light green? - be great to get a range of parts in that colour). Complemented by chocolate and cream coaches - easy now we have chocolate brown!

Though for goodness sake let them make a decent job of the engine wheels, with valve gear rods that work etc... Probably 40mm pulleys in green (like 24mm pulleys but larger), spaced at 5-wide on a 6-wide chassis 1, leaving more space for the rods. Motor in the tender. If they tried to do it like the motorised Hogwash Express it would end up as the wallowing scotsman! If they spend so long looking at photos and drawings of real things, where were the drawings of the Hall engine for HP? This is the result with the drawings: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Trains/Mixed/hogwarts_and_50_hull_nov04.jpg

Anything less would let the side down compared to the quality of the Santa-Fe loco.

1 Assume they’ll always stick to 6-wide for sets. Of course I wish for larger.

Mark