 Trains / 24946
    Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I think that certainly helps, but I'd be interested in your sources. Mine are just what I vaguely remember from articles in TRAINS magazine all these years (coming up on my 35th anniversary as a subscriber)... (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview —James Powell
   (...) As far as I have always understood it, the rolling resistance is practically the same regardless of the # of wheels...with the exception that very lightweight trains (such as empty container cars) have a higher drag than per lb than (...) (19 years ago, 8-May-05, to lugnet.trains)