 Trains / 24897
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 15:37:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   That LEGO wheel is probably more representative of a 19th century european 4 wheel car’s wheel arrangement than anything else.

And what did 19th century American wheels look like?

Not like that. I’m having trouble with Google, it keeps returning pictures of LEGO trains for all the search terms I used, not particularly useful, so I don’t have a pic cite for you, but trust me.

   What you’re saying is, it doesn’t look like anything current.

No, that’s what you’re saying I’m saying. :)

What I’m saying is what I said, it looks like 19th century euro stuff...

Besides, American rolling stock, with few exceptions, has been 4 axle or more (and hence, using trucks that don’t have individual axle springs) since before 1860. Unlike Euro stock which switched relatively recently and in many cases still is only 2 axle.