 Trains / 24890
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 14:54:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christian Treczoks wrote:

Call me ignorant, but what the heck is this "TTX", anyway? A kind of track
gauge?

Wondering,

Christian Treczoks

"TTX Company provides railcars and related freight car management services to
the North American rail industry."
From http://www.ttx.com

Tim

The question of Christian is revealing that the target audience for the TTX is
clearly North American (initially desired by TLC or not).

I mean european (non AFOL - the main part of TLC customers) audience don't know
TTX, and have never seen a double stack container freight car. I'm quite sure
this set will be less successfull in europe than in NA.

But as an AFOL I don't care about all these issues - On the contrary I like this
"modelmaker orientated" models more than toyish ones TLC used to produce. I hope
this set will be succesfull to encourage such a move.