 Trains / 24753 (-10)
  Cool new scene spotted on BS

(URL) think its got a really nice feel to it I'm a bit confused by the title tho', the username sounds Japanese, the locos look Japanese and cars are driving on the left but the folder name is definatly German (Greifbare Eisenbahn). Anyway, its (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - Class 08 Shunter with on-board uncoupling device

(...) <snipped loads of cool stuff> Jonathan, Holy smokes, this is cool! The application, execution, function, and form...all meld together in a beautiful working package. I am literally sitting here shaking my head in awe and wonder. Most (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - Class 08 Shunter with on-board uncoupling device

(...) Oh yeah! Nicely disguised 9v technic motor in a 6w package. This is a great all-LEGO solution, Jon. Of course, DCC aux output would eliminate the trackside ramp and allow uncoupling anywhere, but this is an everyman solution for sure. I _have_ (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - Class 08 Shunter with on-board uncoupling device

I've been waiting for Jon to post this here since he posted it on the Brickish site this morning. I'm not going to say much as I've said it already, beyond the fact that I think that not only is is a great feat of engineering, its also a nice model (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC - Class 08 Shunter with on-board uncoupling device

Here is my latest MOC, a class BR class 08 shunter (nickname = 'Gronk') in BR grey livery based on prototype 08 460. (URL) course shunting is useless without being able to uncouple and couple at will. The model therefore includes an in-built (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk) !!

  Re: Compressionism

(...) At least you've tried it Jason. A lot of the critics of wider trains haven't had a decent go at it. It takes tenacity to make it work. I've been at it for 9 years now! If Lar is waiting for wider radius curves before trying it, let's see his (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Compressionism

(...) Sadly, not possible. I'd be willing to bet he talks in his sleep. We still wonder where Ross got his building abilities. Maybe his mother? (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Less than 1/2-stud door inset

(...) Yeah, to use the backside of two 1x1 headlight bricks instead of the Technic brick 1x2 with two side holes might offer a better stiction connection to the "L" brack with 1/2-plate thickness. Thanks. later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Less than 1/2-stud door inset

(...) Not seen that method before. Looks like it should be inset by 3/4 plate thickness. There are 1/2 plate inset mehods around (URL) or even less, but that one looks fairly rigid and doesn't clog up the interior. Jason Railton (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Less than 1/2-stud door inset

(...) I used a similar thing for the first version of my WAP-5's grille once: (2 URLs) But I hadn't really delved into using it for a different door offset, obvious though it may be. However, I had been toying with the idea of using headlight bricks (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact