 Trains / 24748 (-5)
  Re: Compressionism

(...) At least you've tried it Jason. A lot of the critics of wider trains haven't had a decent go at it. It takes tenacity to make it work. I've been at it for 9 years now! If Lar is waiting for wider radius curves before trying it, let's see his (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Compressionism

(...) Sadly, not possible. I'd be willing to bet he talks in his sleep. We still wonder where Ross got his building abilities. Maybe his mother? (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Less than 1/2-stud door inset

(...) Yeah, to use the backside of two 1x1 headlight bricks instead of the Technic brick 1x2 with two side holes might offer a better stiction connection to the "L" brack with 1/2-plate thickness. Thanks. later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Less than 1/2-stud door inset

(...) Not seen that method before. Looks like it should be inset by 3/4 plate thickness. There are 1/2 plate inset mehods around (URL) or even less, but that one looks fairly rigid and doesn't clog up the interior. Jason Railton (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Less than 1/2-stud door inset

(...) I used a similar thing for the first version of my WAP-5's grille once: (2 URLs) But I hadn't really delved into using it for a different door offset, obvious though it may be. However, I had been toying with the idea of using headlight bricks (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact