 Trains / 24683 (-20)
  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) WOW... super looking cars! Great work Steve, thanks for posting. Robin Werner GFLTC (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) Those are SSchweet! The medium orange is a dead-ringer. Since you are a Compressionist, I'll not belittle your placing the wheels side-by-side. But if you are going to do that, why not go for broke and add that third axle? But what I'd really (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote: (snip) Holy smokes, these are amazing. Lots of new detail ideas to steal, er, borrow, like the truck steps... Bravo. Thanks for sharing with us all. (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) Glad you didn't wait too much longer. Those are really fantastic. JB (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

oops, here are the fixed broken links... Moc Page: (URL) or BrickShelf: (URL) (...) SteveB (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  D&RGW coach set

(3 URLs) Well I finally completed a coach set I have been dreaming about building for years. I tend to be drawn to color scheme (aka livery) than body shape, which is totally in sync with my predisposition to rare LEGO colored elements. And of (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  GBC 6 - the obsession continues...

Well, a week ago I finally made it down to a GBC assembly in central Indiana. For those who think the GBC videos are wonderful, I can now state from experience they are nothing compared to actually being there! Steve has already posted some (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Re: New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels

(...) I found that at low power levels of RCX drive, a technic motor in parallel actually caused the train motor to speed up - the technic motor must provide some filtering of the PWM. I already have other engines using gearmotors, so I used similar (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels

(...) Very nice! (...) From my experience, the hardest part of doing that is matching the speed of the supply car. I actually ended up putting a rubber band drive in my loco to allow some slip, and gearing so it was faster than the train motor. The (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My latest venture into trains: 4-6-4 Locomotive

(...) I'm too lazy to respond to everybody but I'd just like to say thanks to all for the warm words. It's projects like this (and the turkey, and that 12 foot long spaceship) that make me alternately giggle like a schoolgirl and shaking my head as (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels

Here's a new train MOC, a prototype Class 14 diesel loco. (URL) It uses BBB wheels and is articulated to get round the curves. It uses 2 technic gearmotors for power, so it has an electric feed from an adjacent vehicle with a train motor (not yet (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Report of first TCLTC show

(...) Okay. First off, we have a siding hidden underneath the Thomas modules, much like the siding that appears in the front (without the spur): (URL) So, he (Ross) starts out underneath the modules with Thomas on the siding and Bill/Ben or Percy (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Report of first TCLTC show

(...) i have the same questions as larry and spotlighted as well! ondrew (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Report of first TCLTC show

(...) Please do. ALso can you post a closeup of how you ballasted/tied around your switches? Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Spotlighted. (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Report of first TCLTC show

This comes a few weeks late, but here it is. All in all, it was a successful show for us. Though we had done many events as a part of the GMLTC, it still was in many ways a unique experience. You can read all of the boring notes I posted on the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  looking for someone with l-draw skills to partner for project

I am completely unskilled in terms of ldraw. I have a project I am doing for a specific train piece to honor my grandfather and I wanted to work with someone else who has the ldraw skills on it. If anyone is interested? Let me know. Sincerely, Brian (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My latest venture into trains: 4-6-4 Locomotive

Hands down this has got to be the coolest train MOC I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing. Chris. (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My latest venture into trains: 4-6-4 Locomotive

Adrian, that is amazing. Wow, just look at how you made that all work together. So very clever and really tough I bet! A great idea made real in LEGO. My goodness that's so cool. Bravo on your idea come true. Thank you. e (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My latest venture into trains: 4-6-4 Locomotive

(...) Shh...it's a secret. I don't want the train guys to know that... ;) Adrian (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My latest venture into trains: 4-6-4 Locomotive

It's not just a train, it's a Transformer! Cool design. I especially like the last picture in the Brickshelf gallery. ;-) Jeff (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact