 Trains / 24652
Re: Track side power polls.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:27:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, David VinZant wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
David VinZant wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

David VinZant wrote:

I came up with a nice little power poll I wanted to share with you.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/8435

[snip]

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/75535?img=9735 in brown. But LEGO
has in the Destroyer Droid. It wouldn't solve the scale issue (although,
I don't think that there is one), but the pole would be smooth.

Chris

Thats a great part, I hadnt thought about using that. Although you would have to
get creative at the top. You would have to invert the whole top section.

Or use a technic half peg to get a stud on which to place the top.

That would work although it would alow for the whole top to spin around. Those
half pegs dont have much of a friction hold.

Try the blue pill. Er, the  blue ones. I think they have more friction, IIRC.

BTW I personally think that the 1x1 round is a fine scale.  I was being the
devil's advocate. Minifigs have fat heads anyway!

I have a nother question, are these poles tall enough? (keeping with the scale
of the 1x1's) Should I make them taller or shorter?

Dave

www.GPLR.org