 Trains / 24463 (-5)
  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Ben, I've done some further research - I just placed some scans of my 1968 Samsonite catalog online here: (URL) don't think that 100 or 103 were available in the USA so I'm still guessing 107 was the motorized set. Also interesting that 115 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments? - 'Trad' landscape modelling

(...) Thanks Matt, and good luck with your proposed 'trad' modelling. It is a lot of fun. Of course I agree with previous mails about the impracticality of this method in terms of portability and modularity ... but on the other hand it does refresh (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Town & Train Display - Festival of Trees Pictures & Report - MichLUG

(2 URLs) This was our second year working with the Festival of Trees. This is a long show for us, with the display being up for a little over a week. Rather than decorating a tree, like we did last year, this year we made up a mini-layout and that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) As Ed mentioned in his post, we limit our shows to 3 or 4 per year. We don't want to get burned out, we just want to enjoy. If it becomes a chore, the quality will drop and then interest will wane to the point where no-one will be motivated to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

These are some great replies here! Most of what I read so far seems to be similar to other group's experiences, it is great to hear them echoed. I think these kind of threads are vital, it helps us all gauge our own successes and burnouts vs the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact