 Trains / 24412
  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Excellent! I love it. I just wish there was a way to get an N gauge motor into that style of locomotive. But the N gauge notors are 2 wide throughout :( JB (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) It is very nice. Perhaps you coulf fit a motor in one of the frieght wagons? MAt (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Yeah, I'd thought about that, but the bogies on N gauge locos and N gauge rolling stock are very different. They aren't cosmetically interchangeable. Well, as far as I have been able to find so far, anyhow. JB (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

Time to build your own using a modded powered truck from Atlas and a pager vibrate motor... Rob "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:ICC6pJ.Ap0@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Rob, Funny you should mention that. I was thinking along these lines. I'm useing one of the cheap RC micro cars to power a hand pump Velocipede. I'm retaining the reciever, and powering it off an internal battery. Or I could power off the (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) I am glad you like it. I just finished building a sixth car. I will make the cars all yellow, I just have to buy some more parts. I also made a red container car as red and yellow are the more popular colors for these cars. I am trying to (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) 12v conductor rails look pretty nice. I've also seen grill tiles laid side by side. Frank (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) When I think of 2-wides the person who pops in my head is Ross Neal- (URL) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) I HAVE to agree with Frank, 12 V conductor rails look most realistic: (URL) are even "better" than 8-wide track for "normal" trains, because the curve radius is much more realistic :) Paul (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)