 Trains / 24259
  A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

Hello all you train heads. I just wanted to show you a birthday present I gave to my Dad. His birthday was two weeks ago and I made him a custom engine in Alaskan Railroad colors. My Dad is big into HO, and all his trains are in the Alaska road. So (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) Any chance of seeing instructions posted for the tank cars or the Gp38? (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) Hi Jonathan, James Mathis has done them: (URL) Samarth (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) I thought the GP38 was more or less a recolor of the BNSF set... if that's correct, a copy of the set's instructions and some pics to show where the colors split ought to be enough to do your own version... (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) Yes the ARR version is idenical to the BNSF set. Although there were some small changes do to part availability. Like the hood is not availible in blue. The Raised part behind the cab, I substituted for other slope parts to get the same (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) James's instuctions are for an 8 wide version. I am currently working on instructions for my 6 wide version. I should have it online shortly and I will let you all know. Dave www.GPLR.org (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  6 wide tank car. Update

(...) Ok here you go. I made a render that shows an exploded view. The construction is very simple. There is a top and bottom, then two sides that hold it all together. I also made a small window to show how the trucks connect. Deep link (URL) hope (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  6 wide tank car. Update v.2

With alittle help I was able to eliminate the shadows in the render. It is much easier to see the construction. (URL) you have any questions, just ask. Dave www.GPLR.org (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UPDATE to the Alaskan GP38, was:A present for my Dad and a 6 wide tank car.

(...) Hello everyone, I just want to let everyone know that LEGO has released two sets that let me finish the GP38 done in the Alaska RR colors. 8666 comes with 6 of the new 1x1 slopes in Yellow. 8668 comes with two of the 4x4 hood wedge part in (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)