 Trains / 23952
  Re: Transformer Power

(...) The chip in the controller is officially rated at 1.3A, but it has a rather small heatsink and automatic thermal shut down, so it seems to go to about 1A continuous. You can push it, but it'll warm up and shut down on you, then you have to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) OR.... You can soop it up. OR you can have someone soop it up for you:-) That is just what I did. Jeff Titchenal of the (URL) Southern Pacific LEGO Train Club> (I hope this is okay to plug your stuff, Jeff!) sells modified 3 amp transformers (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)