 Trains / 23909
  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) The GMLTC has this problem in our 'small' (approximately 100 feet of track) loop, because our larger 8-wide trains are heavy and we really work the motors hard. Our solution? Add another speed regulator! We put one at each end of the dogbone, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) John, Two controlers on the same track? In the past, people have always said that two controlers on the same track was a bad idea. The explanation that was put forward was that the controler that was running at a slightly lower voltage would (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) Hey John, Thanks for the advice. I don't have any pictures posted yet, sorry. If I ever get that done, I'll post something about it. I kind of liked the idea suggested earlier about simply running two power lines from the same regulator to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) [SNIP] (...) Hi Chris, we have used even more than 3 controllers on one long loop at FGLTC shows. The controllers have not even been put to the same speed level. No problems occured, since the LEGO equipment is really sturdy and kid proof. I (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)