 Trains / 23865
    Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy... —Stefan Garcia
   (...) The way that my design ended up, that isn't an issue. The arm just goes up and down as the wheel/motor rotates. It doesn't go past horizontal or vertical positions (by luck, not design :^) ) (...) There's a weak spot in my signals above the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Grade Crossing Signal Thingy... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Try braking. This is from memory so might be all wet... If you just turn power off, the motor coasts to a stop. But supposedly you can send the motor a speed 0 command, I think, and the motor stops right then, frozen in place. It takes more (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)