 Trains / 23613
23612  |  23614
Subject:
Anyone seen the LEGO 65537 at hobby shops yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:59:32 GMT

Train and Marketplace Folk,

I would love for Santa to put a LEGO 65537 set, or two, under the Christmas tree
this year. Unfortunately, I know how difficult that will be if Santa cannot find
one available at a retail store. So, as one of Santa's little helpers, I was
wondering if anyone has observed the following:

1) Have you seen it at a hobby store near you?

2) Have you inquired about it at a hobby store near you and will they be getting
it in?

3) Do you know of any online hobby connections that is selling the set online?

4) If you ran across a few, online or in a store, would you be willing to be a
Santa's helper and send me one in exchange for reimbursement for your costs and
"finders fee" to be negotiated with the North Pole accountant.

The reason I ask is that I have begun in the last week to see these online at
eBay. Unfortunately, the people selling them are the worst sort and the set or
the shipping is exorbitant. One guy actually quoted me a $40 shipping and
handling charge. I know they retail for $80 and I am willing to pay that, just
not 50% the value of the set for shipping. I check with the USPS and the entire
set you ship Express (2 or 3 day) for $8.95.

And on a side note: A retail product sold at $80 per unit is not valued at $160
just because the manufacturer says there is $160 dollars of value in the set if
all the pieces are sold separately. I know this because if the retail price for
the set was set at $160 but sold at $80, then the company could take a tax
right-off on the lost value. But, because the value of the set is retailed at
$80, the set is worth $80. If I was wrong and the reverse where true, than the
ISD set would be worth $1000 dollars based upon what the value of each piece was
priced in BrickLink.

Anyway, does anyone want to help me get my hands on 1 or 2 LEGO 65537 sets?

Sincerely,

Todd