 Trains / 23600
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) You should go! Heading up the mountain on a shay is quite an experience. Remember to take a coat, you will be amazed by the temperature change when you get to the other side of the mountain. Expect several hours traveling from DC though. (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Thanks for the tip! (...) Well at some stage I would also like to spend some time travelling there, I'd really like to visit some coal mining states to check out the big machines, and obviously do some train spotting too. It may be a few years (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)