 Trains / 23593
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Oh my, that is one fine looking locomotive & tender. Great job! I'd love to see and hear it run - with all those gears it must make a great sound. Now, to build a couple flat cars hauling logs behind it, right? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Yep it does make a nice sound, with the 2 motors whirring. I've actually just yesterday re-built it using the un-geared motors, to see if I could get it running close to the same speed as a train motor, and the reduction in volume is amazing! (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)